Metro Frequently Asked Questions
- Held in February and decided by the Chairperson hosting the event.
- Usually starts on Monday and ending before lunch on Thursday.
- Location varies by the year based on who is elected as Chairperson and their church/location. Previous conferences have been held in Orlando, Jackson, Dallas, Asheville, Memphis, Nashville, Houston, etc.
- The purpose of the conference is to gather METRO members together for a time of networking, fellowship, encouragement and enrichment. Various activities and speakers are planned for the conference time along with some free time to explore and experience the conference city/location.
- Often church tours are a part of the conference experience. Conference attendees often choose to arrive early or stay later in order to make visits to churches in the area.
- Exhibitors with a variety of ministry resources are present during the conference. Some past exhibitors have been Group Publishing, LifeWay, Worlds of WOW, Parent Pager and many more.
- Cost for the conference is $250 and is in addition to the $100 membership fee. Individuals can maintain membership without attending the conference and only pay the $100 fee per year.
- The conference is often hosted at the hotel/meeting space in the hosting city and cost for lodging is the responsibility of the attendee.
- Registration for conference is normally available in November of the preceding year with a deadline of mid-January to participate.
- Most meals are covered during the conference but spending money for treats and preferred soda should be planned by the conferees.
- Winter can be very cold in host cities during February so it is advised you should check the weather and pack accordingly. Conference rooms can also run on the cooler side so light jackets or sweaters are a good idea.
- Often the hotel offers fitness centers, indoor swimming and hot tub so check the hotel website and plan ahead when packing.
- Packing should involve luggage with room to bring home materials provided by exhibitors as well as souvenirs.
- Pace your eating because there will be lots of good food. You might need your stretchy pants!
- If you have dietary restrictions, Good luck! (Those are yours not ours.)