- A professional group of Preschool and Children’s ministers at large Southern Baptist Churches.
- Metro currently has 60 active members representing 31 churches across the U.S.
PURPOSE & BENEFITS OF THE METRO GROUP
- Provide a network of Preschool & Children’s Ministers who serve in similar church environments across the nation.
- To share creative and innovative ministry ideas and techniques.
- Provide support and mentoring for seasoned and new ministers.
- Annual Conference that provides a time for members to network, collaborate, fellowship, education and encouragement.
- Opportunities to communicate with the Metro group through Facebook, email and phone throughout the year.
- Full-time Minister/Director of Preschool and/or Children and/or full-time Associate (excluding assistants and interns) of either position.
- Must pay annual membership fee of $100. Benefits of membership include conference notebooks, professional organization, ministry networking, and mentoring opportunities.
Each church must qualify on each of the following four requirements:
- A Southern Baptist Church membership of 4,000 or more.
- Average of at least 1,500 in attendance in the main church Sunday school or 700 preschoolers and children in Sunday school attendance.
- Annual budget which exceeds $3,000,000.
- Minimum of eight full-time staff ministers/directors.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
- After verifying the individual and church meet the qualifications, each new and returning member must complete online registration and pay the annual membership fee of $100. Registration is normally available in the late Fall (November/December) for the upcoming year.
- Once a registered member, the individual has the opportunity to attend the annual conference for that year.
- NOTE: Failure to pay the annual membership fee will result in cancellation of the individual membership. Former members will be required to pay a reinstatement fee of $500 in order to renew their membership.
Questions or Interested in Membership: